Trivia Nights is something that has been going on for years and pubs and bars around the country. They really can be a lot of fun and a great way to relax and unwind from a rough week. Following is a list of bars, and restaurants in the San Francisco area that offer trivia nights. Keep in mind that the time and date listed for the trivia nights can change at any time, so it is always best to call and double check.
1. The Pig & Whistle is located at 2801 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco California 94118. The telephone number is 415-885-4779. Their hours and Monday through Sunday from 11:30am until 2:00am. Trivia night is usually held on Wednesday and Sunday. A lot of the trivia questions have to do with current events, current movies or television shows. Keep in mind that they can change this at any time. They will usually begin around 8:30, but you should get their at least an hour early since they are pretty crowded on trivia nights. The staff is very nice and it basically looks and feels like your basic bar. Since it is a bar you obviously have to be over the age of 21. Their trivia night draws a great crowd which really makes it fun. The drinks are reasonably priced and they don’t really give any prizes except possibly the occasional drink.
2. The Bitter End is located at 441 Clement Street San Francisco California 94118. The telephone number is 415-221-9538. The regular hours are Monday through Friday from 4:00pm, until 2:00am, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am until 2:00am. This location has a full bar so you need to be over the age of 21. The price for drinks if very reasonable an affordable. The menu items such as the burgers are pretty good. Their trivia nights takes place on Tuesdays. You will find that on trivia night they are very crowded, and the questions are fairly simple. The reason why their trivia nights are so good when compare with others is because the people who go their make it enjoyable. The staff is also very nice and friendly which makes their trivia sessions great. You will need to arrive well before 8:00pm to make sure that you get a good seat where you can actually hear the questions being read. The questions start with basic every day knowledge type of questions and they move to music, and various other topics. The usually only give drinks for prizes, sometimes you may even get money for a prize. You should always call to double check that information.
3. Martin Mack’s is located at 1568 Haight Street, San Francisco California. The telephone number is 415-864-0124. They hold a great quiz night on Tuesdays which starts at 8:30pm. For a price they actually give out $50 but keep in mind that this can change. While the trivia game is taking place they do offer drinks at a special price. This probably explains why they draw such a crowd. You do need to be over the age of 21 to enter and participate in their trivia night. Their trivia night is great because they have about six rounds that they go through which makes it a really interesting challenge. The questions go from easy general knowledge questions to difficult questions. They even have a round where you have to try and identify the picture and the song that is being played. The dinner and drinks served are good and the staff is friendly.
4. The Edinburgh Castle Pub is located at 950 Geary Street, San Francisco CA. The telephone number is 415-885-4074. The regular hours are Monday through Sunday from 5:00pm until 2:00am. They do sometimes have live music at this location. The food is good and on Tuesday nights they have their trivia nights. On these nights you will find them very crowded of course. The large the crowd however the more fun the trivia game actually is. The trivia game usually starts around 8:30pm and you have to be over the age of 21 to get into the bar and participate in the game. When it comes to prizes they sometimes give complimentary drinks. You can call to find out exactly what the trivia prize for the night will be.
5. Joxer Daly’s is located at 46 West Portal Avenue San Francisco California. The telephone number is 415-564-1412. The regular hours are Monday through Saturday from 6:00pm until 12:00am. Keep in mind that the hours are subject to change at any time. Trivia night is held on Tuesdays. The questions that they come up with are pretty good and can be difficult which makes the game a lot more fun and enjoyable for everyone who is there. They don’t serve food at this location just drinks and you have to be over the age of 21. They don’t usually give out any prizes but they do lower the cost of a beer and they may give out a few free items. The best part is that their trivia nights are not overly crowded but you do get a nice group.
6. The Mad Dog in the Fog is located at 530 Haight Street, San Francisco California. The regular hours are Monday through Sunday from 5:00pm until 2:00am. They have their trivia nights on Thursday and they draw a pretty decent crowd. This location is your basic bar and you have to be over the age of 21. They also do have dart boards and pool tables. You will find that the trivia night questions are pretty basic, and they don’t offer any special prizes other than the discounted drinks during the trivia game. Keep in mind that this could change at any time. You should also call to check which night they will be holding their trivia game since it is subject to change.