Believe it or not Baltimore has a nice amount of trivia nights offered at local bars, pubs and restaurants. Trivia nights can really be a lot of fun to participate in, and the drinks are usually half priced at most locations. Keep in mind than the day of their trivia nights can change at any time. Some places do offer prizes but it is really about just relaxing and enjoying yourself with friends in the neighborhood.
1. James Joyce Irish Pub and Restaurants is located at 616 President Street, Baltimore Maryland 21202. The telephone number is 410-727-5107. The trivia nights at this location are held on Monday nights at 7:30pm. You do have to be over the age of 21 to be at this location. They usually draw a pretty nice crowd for their trivia nights. To find out what is offered for a prize you will need to contact them at the number above. The questions range from easy to difficult depending on what you know. The crowd than shows up for trivia night are also a lot of fun. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and taste good. The competition for their trivia nights is not too bad.
2. Maggie Moores is located at 21 North Eutaw Street, Baltimore Maryland 21201. The telephone number is 410-837-2100. Their trivia night is held on Sundays at 8:30pm. They draw a pretty nice crowd and you do not have to be over 21 to eat here. The décor at this location is really nice. They have high ceiling, and have a nice beer selection for you to choose from. The trivia questions can be a bit on the difficult side at times but it is a lot of fun to participate in. You will find metered parking, and a pretty good variety of food. They serve brunch , dinner and lunch and the price ranges from $24-$35. They even offer take out. The staff is very nice and friendly which makes the trivia nights at this location better than others. You will get a reasonable amount of competition for the trivia nights but that is half the fun.
3. Camden Pub is located at 647 West Pratt Street, Baltimore Maryland. The telephone number is 410-547-1280. Their trivia night is held on Wednesdays from 5:00pm until 2:00am. On their trivia night they serve burgers and drinks for only half the price. On the menu you will find some amazing chicken wings and sandwiches. Their regular hours are from 11:00am until 12:00pm. The trivia night questions can be difficult and the competition can be tough since they usually have a lot of college students at this location. You do not have to be 21 to eat at this location. The reason why they are a good place for a trivia game is that the questions actually can be educational, and just plain fun.
4. Mad River Bar & Grille is located at 1110 South Charles Street, Baltimore Maryland. The telephone number is 410-727-2333. The trivia night usually begins at 7:00pm, and ends at 11:00pm on Wednesdays. The questions are always very interesting and they stump even the smartest person on some nights. They are usually pretty crowded on trivia nights. This may be due to the cheaper drinks and the very cheap wings. Anyone can come in to eat, but you may wan to double check on the age limit for certain events and nights. As for the prizes the drinks and wings are usually enough. To find out what additional prizes are offered you can call the telephone number above. The competition is good but if you know your trivia you may just win.
5. Edgar’s Billiards Club is located at One East Pratt Street, Baltimore Maryland 21202. The telephone number is 410-752-8080. They are located at the Inner Harbor Skywalk. They have a full billiard hall and bar. This location caters to the over 21 crowd. You can not get in if you do not show that you are over 21. The trivia night is held on Friday and starts at 6:30pm and ends at 8:00pm. They usually play with teams of two people and you get a total of twelve questions. The questions are multiple choice which really makes it a lot easier. The team who has the most correct answers will win $100 price. This is definitely one trivia game that stays crowded. They have a live DJ who runs that trivia game, but the questions are pretty difficult and really make you think. Since it is multiple choice you do have a better chance of guessing if you are not sure of the answer. This is definitely one of the best trivia games in the area especially with this kind of prize.
6. Hull Street Blues café is located at 1222 Hull Street, Baltimore Maryland. The telephone number is 410-727-7476. They are open daily starting at 11:00am. Their trivia night is held on Thursdays and can be a lot of fun. You will usually not get a really big crowd to these trivia nights, but you can expect them to be enjoyable. The prizes do tend to vary so you may want to call ahead and find out what they will be offering for a prize. The prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly. The café is open to everyone since there is no specific age limit.