Do you suffer from chronic sinus infections? Maybe you just get them too often for your taste? Sinus infection are a very common complaint. They are characterized by stuffy, painful sinuses which are full of pressure. A yellowish mucus often drains from the sinuses during a sinus infection. The color yellow means sinus infection when it comes to mucus.
Did you know that over ninety percent of all sinus infections are due to and caused by mold? Yup. The inhalation of mold, especially black mold, is not good for people at all. It not only causes sinus infection, but a host of other problems as well.
So, if you are a sufferer of chronic sinus infections you may want to consider checking your home for mold problems. The most common mold problems occur in these two rooms: The kitchen and the bathroom. Why? Those two rooms are especially prone to mold because they have water pipes run to them. Any where water pipes run there is a potential for mold growth, if they are leaky pipes. Any room that has a sink with running water may have mold under the counter and in the wall behind it if there are either leaky pipes or water drainage to the area. For example, if you spill water on the counter and it runs down the wall behind the counter instead of being stopped and contained by a splash guard you may likely have a mold problem under that counter and in that wall behind it.
Mold can grow in sheetrock, under vinyl flooring and or carpet too. It can grow absolutely anywhere there is moisture.
To prevent mold from growing in any area of your home make sure to keep your home in good repair. Fix all leaks. Where it is dry mold can not grow.
Areas in your home that have mold present need immediate attention. Mold, especially black mold, is a dangerous health threat, especially to children and the elderly. To clean it up I recommend you use strait bleach. Others say to dilute it, but mold is very powerful and bleach is already quite diluted. Once you apply the bleach let it set for a few minutes. Then simply wipe the area down with a dry cloth. Then, bleach again, and scrub the area well. Let it dry well. Repaint the area damaged by the mold with a mold resistant paint. If the area is larger than a couple of square feet it is recommended that homeowners contact a professional. Always remember to wear mask and take all precautions around any areas of mold. Never try to scrape it off, spores will go everywhere. It must be killed before it can be removed. Take care and thanks for reading!