In most leagues there is often a person who seems to have an edge in that season. The person who seems to draft right all the time. That person who wins almost all of their games, and you can never figure out how they do it. It is actually not that amazing how they do this year in and year out. Here are some helpful hint that may make you one of the top fantasy leaders.
1. In the first round you should be considering one of these two options. If a person like Lt. is available or even Adrian Peterson you should definitely take them. But if a great RB. like them is not available you should automatically be thinking QB. This year with the always demand for people like Lt. and Brian Westbrook or even the rising star Adrian Peterson a good quality QB could be available to you. These QB’s could be people like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
2. After the season last year many people are going to be wondering if they should take Randy Moss over a RB or QB. While this could end up being a steal you have to remember to have another season like he had last year would be very rare and you would be taking a huge chance if you were to pass over someone as I have said before like Lt.
3. Do not take a WR in the first round. They should and most likely will fall to the second or third round. Don’t use your pick on a WR because you have to remember more times than not a good WR will have an off game over a running back.
4. When drafting think about who would be beneficial to their team in the later part of the season. You must remember the weather in the later half of the season can really have an impact on a team. That is why if you are unable to grab a great RB early try to grab more of a solid RB who will give you decent numbers for the whole year. Also don’t go drafting someone like a kicker before at least round 6 or 7
5. Lastly know your league! In most leagues the RB’s and QB’s will score big points. That isn’t true for all leagues. Some leagues have WR’s or even K’s. score very high. Take the league setting into consideration when drafting.
Some People Who I Believe May Be Great Steals!
1. Frank Gore. He could have a break out year this year and score huge for fantasy users.
2. Donovan McNabb. This may be the biggest risk player. He has been injured the past few season and has not performed particularly well. But with new recruits and draft choices he may be able to have a break out year.
3. Larry Johnson. This risk could be just as big as the situation with Donovan. While he is a great player his team is very young. The O-line could struggle this year but he may have a breakout year. I would suggest maybe taking him in the later rounds.
Some People Who I Believe May Not Be Great Picks!
1. Brett Favre. After officially sending in his reinstatement papers some people may want to draft him in hope he could have a great year like last year. Unfortunately his position right now is not very good and it is unclear what the future of Favre will hold.
2. Derek Anderson. While he did have an amazing year nobody knows for sure if he can produce year in and year out. While he might have another great year some caution is advised when drafting him in the higher rounds.
3. Marvin Harrison. Who could actually believe Harrison might not be a good pick? I’ll tell you why. He is coming off of surgery and was injured much of last year. It is unknown how he will rebound this year. Also Harrison is getting older and his production may slow down. He could be a good second or third WR. at best this year.
I wish you all luck in this years fantasy season and i hope some of these tips help you.