You can make a difference in your body by just implementing a couple small changes into your lifestyle. The more changes that you practice, the more changes that you will see in your body. Below is a list of some of the changes you can make in your life.
1. Get up and move. Even if it is just for 10 minutes, do something physically everyday.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Climbing stairs is an excellent exercise that really works your legs and butt.
3. Park your car in a farther away parking spot than you normally do. You can do this when you go to work or when you go shopping. If you really want a change, do not try to the store or to a friend’s house, but walk there.
4. Do some crunches, lunges or squats during commercial breaks while watching your favorite television program.
5. Pass on the bread basket when you eat meals. That bread is just empty calories and your meal will more than enough to fill you up.
6. Drink water instead of cola and juices. Water has zero calories and it will satisfy your thirst. If you get bored with just plain water, add a lemon wedge to it.
7. Eat something every 3 hours. Now this does not mean that you eat a huge meal every 3 hours, but make sure you are eating a healthy snack between meals so that you do not overeat on the next meal because you are so hungry. This will also keep your metabolism up since you are not having ups and downs of being hungry and then completely full.
8. Stop eating when you are full. Eat slowly as it takes your body awhile to trigger that you are full.
9. Do not eat in front of the television or while doing something else such as reading. You do not realize exactly how much you are eating when you are concentrating on something else. Concentrate on eating and you can save yourself some calories.
10. Cut out mayonnaise on your sandwiches and replace it with mustard instead. You will still get the flavor on your sandwich but with a lot less calories.
11. When eating out, start with a salad with low-fat dressing, so you do not overeat your meal. Most restaurants give you a meal that is way over a normal portion and so if you eat a salad beforehand, you should be able to leave some of your entree behind.
12. Replace your cheese with the low-fat versions in your cooking. With the low-fat cheeses, you will not notice the difference. If you do switch to non-fat cheeses, you will notice the taste.
13. Workout with your kids. Run around the backyard with them, take a walk with them or teach them a new sport. Instead of just watching them play, get involved in the play yourself. You would be amazed at how many calories you can burn this way.
14. Replace ground meats in your diet with healthy options such as ground chicken or turkey. Instead of regular hamburgers, make a turkey burger.
15. Replace the white pasta and white bread in your house with the whole wheat or multi-grain ones. They fill you up faster and have a lot more fiber than the regular white ones.