Making crafts with your kids is always a fun and special time. It allows your kids to be creative and lets you spend some quality time with them. There are tons of different crafts that you can do with your kids for Halloween.
Here are two creative craft ideas for kids to make for Halloween.
The Jumping Spider
Poster board (black)
1. Paint a paint stirrer with black paint.
2. Draw and cut out a large circle from black poster board. Cut slits around the outside of the circle.
3. Wrap string around the circle, in and out of the slits to create a spider web. Tape the ends of the string in the back to hold it in place.
4. Tie one end of a length of string to the end of the paint stirrer. Glue this end of the paint stirrer to the back of the circle, keeping the string loose.
5. Draw a spider on brown construction paper and cut it out. Use this as a pattern to draw another spider on the construction paper. Lay four twist ties across the body of the one of the spiders, Tape the centers of these ties to the spider’s body. Glue the other spider on top of the first covering the twist ties. Bend the ties to form the spider’s legs. Add any facial features you wish to the spider.
6. Poke a hole in the center of the spider’s body and push the loose string through the hole to the back of the spider. Knot the string and tape it on the back of the spider to keep in secure.
7. To make the spider jump, hold the spider web by the paint stirrer handle and flip the spider onto the web so that it lands in a standing position. This can also be used as a game for Halloween to see how many times you can successfully get the spider on the web.
Plastic-foam egg carton
Black construction paper
White construction paper
1. To make each bat for the bat mobile, cut two cups from a plastic-foam egg carton and paint them all black. Make bat wings out of construction paper. Glue the wings in between the two egg cups to form a bat.
2. Add some pointed ears from black construction paper and teeth and eyes from white construction paper. Glue them to the bats.
3. Glue a thread to each bat on the back and tie it to the tree branch. Make differing lengths to make it look like a mobile of bats.