If you’re planning a trip to Orlando and you’re on a budget, then this article is for you! Orlando, Florida is a hot vacation spot. For some reason, people continue to be fascinated by Walt Disney theme parks and everything that has sprung up around them. Not only can you visit Disney, which offers theme parks and more, but you can also go to other theme parks such as SeaWorld, and waterparks such as Wet n’ Wild. You can go to downtown Orlando, and eat in some great restaurants. You might even want to drive two hours west or east and hit the sunny Florida beaches!
If you’re going to stay in Orlando, then you need to find a hotel that will meet your budget requirements. I have found six for you, and all about each one of them. Read on and enjoy!
1.Marriott Grande Vista. This is the best hotel in Orlando in my opinion. I have stayed there twice in the last two years, and couldn’t have been more pleased. The main draw to this hotel is the location less than a mile from SeaWorld on International Drive, and the man-made lake in the middle of the beautiful Spanish-style buildings.
In general, you should be able to book a room here for about $110 per night, for an efficiency that has a microwave and refrigerator. A one-bedroom will cost about $170 per night. Both are excluding taxes. However, I find this a pretty reasonable price for a resort hotel like this! The resort is nice enough to just stay here the whole week and not even go anywhere else. If you want an extra bargain, take the time-share tour and you could get a dining certificate or maybe even cash (this is a timeshare resort that also rents hotel rooms and two or three bedroom small apartment-type accommodations.
In addition to the lake that has fishing available and paddle-boats, there are also at five or six pools and two hot tubs. You can golf on site as well! There is a nice laid-back bar called Copa Loca that has sandwiches and lunch foods, open all day. They have karaoke and bands some nights! Karaoke used to be on Fridays. You can walk the grounds, or eat in Nick’s, the upscale dining restaurant near the golf course.
This hotel will shuttle you different places, such as Sea World which is right up the street. They offer a concierge who can make dinner reservations and give you discount coupons for dining and attractions. They are really a complete service place!
I don’t think there is a business center or computers available. However, they do have copying and faxing services available. There is a workout room for anyone interested in the treadmill or exercise bikes! You can see the lake from the workout room- nice view!
2. The Palms Hotel and Villas, located at 3100 Parkway Boulevard in Kissimmee, Florida. To book, call 800-617-8496. This hotel is great because it is only two miles from Disney and two miles from Olde Town, a tourist spot with restaurants and shops. They have free shuttle service to Disney.
The advantage of this hotel is that they have a public internet area for no charge. I find this a must being a writer and wanting to be able to write articles. Anyone who has to check their myspace or email daily will also enjoy this feature. Or, you have free high-speed internet access in your room. You will also find a meeting room for small groups of people.
The price to this hotel can’t be beat. It is under $100 per night, and some dates you can get in for about $70 per night! Pets are allowed. Some other features include a barbecue grill (if you feel like cooking outside!), and microwave and refrigerators upon request. If you book a suite for about $30 more per night, you can get a full kitchen. Fitness equipment is located on site.
The best place to book this hotel is at hotels.com, or you could go directly through the hotel.
3. Orlando Grand Hotel and Suites, located at 7400 International Drive in Orlando, Florida 32819. The location is convenient, on International Drive right next to Wet ‘n Wild, a huge waterpark. The hotel is about eight miles from Disney. This hotel is totally budget at about $50 per night. Even with this price you get two outdoor pools and refrigerators upon request. Believe it or not, there is also a business center and internet access! A small meeting room is available.
You won’t find a workout room, if that is a must. There also is no shuttle service. However, you are within walking distance of restaurants and a theme park, right on International Drive!
4. Country Inn and Suites Orlando Universal, at 7701 Universal Boulevard in Orlando, FL 32819. I am partial to the Country Inn and Suites. I like them. This one is one mile from Wet ‘n Wild and five miles from Disney. There is a complimentary shuttle to the theme parks. Free wireless internet is available, with high speed internet access in the rooms. There is also a public internet area and a meeting room for small groups. Fitness equipment is on site.
The cost is about $100 per night for a standard guest room. What I like about the Country Inns is the fireplace in the lobby- it gives a cozy feel. The only drawback of this location is the parking surcharge.
5. Orlando Vista Hotel is a colorfully painted hotel found at 12490 South Apopka Vineland Road in Orlando, FL 32836. Rooms go for about $70 per night. The location is less than a mile from Downtown Disney! You get free shuttle service to any Disney Theme park! This hotel features a meeting room for up to 100 people, in addition to the free internet access in public areas with a business center. There are two pools, and a bakery/cafe’ with cafeteria style meals. You’ll also find a fitness center. You won’t get a refrigerator or microwave in the room, which is a downside.
6. Suites at Old Town, 5820 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee, Florida 34746. The location is considered Kissimmee, but it’s right next to Orlando. This hotel is three miles from Disney and eight miles from Sea World. Shuttle service comes for free to Sea World, Disney and Universal! This hotel is right at Old Town, so you could walk to all your meals and get free shuttle service to all your activities! For $65 per night you get a microwave and refrigerator, and internet access (but has a small fee!). There is no fitness area, but you will find an outdoor pool with a barbecue grill! The price is great, but you do have to pay a fee for internet access, which I don’t like.
7. Clarion Hotel Universal is located at 7299 Universal Boulevard, in Orlando, FL 32819. If you want to be close to Universal Studios, then this hotel is your choice. Shuttle service is free to Universal Studios and SeaWorld. The amenities are somewhat limited here. However, there is an outdoor pool and hot tub, as well as wireless internet access in a public area and a business center. The cool thing about this hotel is the poolside bar during on-season. The price is about $70. No fitness center is found on site.
8. Seralago Hotel and Suites Main Gate East, 5678 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee, FL 34746 (right beside Orlando). This hotel is three miles from Disney’s main gate and five miles from Disney’s MGM Studios. This is a hotel with many amenities for the price. The best feature n ot found with so me of the other budget hotels is the food court and Vineyard cafe, meaning you can dine onsite. A pool bar serves drinks at your chair during the on-season from February to October. There is a separate pool for kids, two heated pools, spa tubs, and movies shown each night. You even get a microwave and refrigerator with wireless internet in some rooms. There is a business center and fitness center! No shuttle service is available by the hotel itself.
To find last minute deals on these hotels, go to hotels.com or to yahoo farechase!