Over the years, I have been on more diets than I can even remember. Most of them once you are off of you gain your weight back. The problem with diets are you are supposed to change your lifestyle forever not just a couple weeks, or in my case months, or until you take off the pounds. I figured out that putting all the diets together I might be able to live with. I really haven’t lost any weight but I feel good and that is all I can ask for.
1. Water- This is the most important secret anyone will ever tell you. Drink water. You have to cleanse your inners just like your outers. You use water to do it with. Water is refreshing and if enough of it can be drank it will even be filling. (ha-ha)
2. Milk- Drink milk. This is important ladies. You need the calcium for your bones and milk fills you up.
3. Never cut all the carbs out of your diet! Carbs give you energy. Instead of cutting them out eat them in moderation.
4. Replace the junk food with fruit. Or try to make a better decision on your snack.
5. Eat meat. Protein is an important ingredient for your body just like water.
6. Try to eat the biggest meal in the middle of the day. That way your body has a chance to digest your food and you still have time to “work it off”.
7. No diet is complete without exercise. Exercises like foods need to be moderate. Do what your body can do. Most important is cardio vascular exercise. You don’t have to weight lift. If you want muscles do about 20 minutes of cardio first so your blood is flowing and your muscles are warmed up then do the weight lifting. You should see a faster muscle build than just weightlifting will provide. If you just want to flatten the stomach quickly do the cardio and then sit ups or toe touches. Sorry no miracle.
8. Doctor- Check with your doctor before dieting or exercising.
9. Never try to cut all the foods out of your diet that you love. For me, my downfall is chocolate. So you just eat it in moderation. Remember don’t diet. It has to be a lifestyle change. If you cold turkey something you will be sitting in the corner somewhere with the evidence all over your face and wondering where you went wrong and God you want more of that snack. Told you I have been there.
10. Make a diet about you. What do you want. For me, I gave up on the perfect figure about 5 diets ago. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and have extra energy to do what I want, and be healthy. Most important I want to be alive to torment my children when they have their kids.
I hope my diet tips help you or at least point you in the right direction. It’s all about you and what you want. Be healthy!